God asks that we never do good in one place to make ourselves look important in others but, rather, that we always regard Him directly, immediately, and without intermediary in all our actions and allow ourselves to be guided by His paternal hand.
Quotes with related words
The following quotes have words that are related to the words in the quote above.
- It is no wonder you are tempted; on the contrary, it would be something new if you were not, because man's life is nothing but temptation, and no one is exempt from it, especially those who have given themselves to God; his own Son even passed through this trial. But if it is necessary for everyone, it is also a source of merit for those to whom God grants the grace of turning all things to good, as you do. Details | Quotes with related words
- Mon Dieu! Sister, what a joy it is for me to know that you are happy in the place and situation where you are! This is a grace of God--which may not perhaps last forever, for sometimes our spirit changes, causing us from time to time to experience repugnance, temptations, boredom, aversions, sadness, and other interior trials. In addition, God allows the best souls to be tried, both to test them and to give them reason for merit. That is why we must prepare for this so that these troublesome states may not surprise and discourage us, when we experience them. Let us ask God, Sister, to help us to make good use of all those in which we may find ourselves. Details | Quotes with related words
- What do you think God asks of us? The body? Oh! not at all. What then? Our good will, a right good will to seize every opportunity of serving him, even at the risk of our lives; we should have and should foster in ourselves this desire for martyrdom which God sometimes accepts as willingly as if we had actually suffered it. And, in matter of fact, we see the Church has such an esteem for this spirit that she considers those who were exiled for the faith, and died in exile, are really martyrs. Details | Quotes with related words
- I ask you, Messieurs, to do so with all possible devotion and, in addition, to ask His Divine Goodness to give the Company the spirit of union and of bringing about union, which is none other than the Holy Spirit himself, so that, being always closely united in itself, it may be able to unite those outside the Company; for we've been established to reconcile souls with God and people with one another. Details | Quotes with related words
- Each one of us, then, should try to integrate into his life, as far as possible, these four principles: 1) We should conscientiously carry out what is ordered and avoid what is forbidden 2) when there is a choice open to us in matters neither ordered nor forbidden we should choose the less palatable rather than the more pleasing 3) when something unexpected happens to us in body or mind, good or bad, we are to accept it without fuss as coming from God's loving hand; 4) our motive for putting the above three principles into practice is that they are God's Will. Details | Quotes with related words